All I needed to complete the kit was scissors, a phillips head screwdriver, and a knife. It was relatively easy to build. For me, the most difficult part was prying open the webcam in Step 3. Although once i got the right tool (a knife!) it was really easy. This is a picture of everything set up inside before I closed it up.
It worked right away without any issues. This is a spectrum from a Compact Flourescent Lightbulb in my house. They have you do that first to calibrate the system.
I also took one of a Red LED to see what it would look like.
I look forward to finding new samples to study. They even have a Spectral Challenge where they are calling on makers, hackers, and DIYers worldwide to tackle real-world environmental problems using low cost, open source spectrometry.
Post a Comment