The first step was the "borrow" the classroom quilt for a weekend. We told the custodian and I took it home so I could scan all of the pictures. I almost got caught when I was putting it back on Monday. Thankfully it was the two other kindergarten teachers and not ours.
After I scanned them all, I printed the pictures out onto fabric using my home printer and ink jet fabric sheets that I got from Amazon. I played with the prints to decide on a design and then went to buy the other fabric.
And then did the sewing. I am so happy with how it came out.
My son told me that he thinks it will touch her heart. I hope so. He has had an amazing year with her and she is a wonderful teacher.